How Businesses can support the Pollinator Plan
We all depend on the important services provided by pollinating insects. Unfortunately our pollinators are in decline, and the problem is serious. Now we are asking businesses across the island to support the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan.
To sign up as a Business Supporter, follow these simple steps:
1. Download our guidelines
2. Send us your signed copy of the ‘Framework for Businesses’ (page 2 of the business guidelines) by email to [email protected] or post. In becoming a business supporter you agree to carry out at least one pollinator-friendly action within the first year of signing up, and plan to carry out two more additional actions within the following five years. The first version of the Plan covers 2015-2020 and a new version will be developed to cover 2021-2025.
4. Sign Up to ‘Actions for Pollinators‘, our online mapping system to register your site and gain recognition for becoming a Business Supporter and your future pollinator-friendly actions, so we can see the build-up of pollinator resources in the landscape.
We will then add you to our Business supporters list on our website and send you a special Business supporter logo and Certificate of Participation for display.
Benefits of becoming a Business Supporter of the Pollinator Plan:
- A demonstration of your sustainability credentials to consumers and customers
- Helping ensure the reliability of supply chains dependent on animal pollinated crops
- Flexible options for fulfilling Environmental Management Systems (e.g. ISO 14001:2015)
- A framework to support Corporate Social Responsibility objectives
- Coordination with Bord Bía’s Origin Green programme. Pollinator-friendly actions count towards the ‘Biodiversity Element’ of Key Target Area, ‘Manufacturing Processes’
Suitable for: All employees of any business on the island of Ireland
The first annual review (2018) gives an update of the actions each business is taking to support the AIPP: AIPP Business Supporters Annual Review 2018
Go to the List of Business Supporters page for Business Supporters of the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan.
Intel’s ‘Biodiversity Meadow’
Is your outdoor space managed by a contractor? We’ve created a pollinator-friendly planting code which you can provide to professional contractors or landscapers. It contains extensive planting lists for bedding (annuals, perennials), shrubs and trees, as well as a copy of our Pollinator-friendly Pesticide Code.
- Visit our Resources page to find presentations, posters, How-to-guides, and signage templates.
Thanks to Business in the Community Ireland and Bord Bia’s Origin Green programme for collaborating on the Business Guidelines.